Irelandback to world map
RAYMOND O’ ROURKE
He has had his own specialist food law practice in Ireland since 2005. Previously, he worked for many years in law firms both in Dublin and Brussels, as well as at the European Parliament, Brussels.
He has written two books - European Food Law (3rd edition) (2005) and Food Safety & Product Liability (2000) as well as numerous articles on food regulatory issues.
He has extensive legal drafting experience for Governments in Central & Eastern Europe [Latvia & Estonia], the Balkans [Macedonia], the Middle East [Saudi Arabia] and the Caribbean [St Lucia].
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Taste Council of Ireland [Traditional & Artisan Food Producers Body under the auspices of Bord Bia, Irish Food Marketing Board]
- Artisan Forum of the Food Safety Authority of Ireland
- Irish Government’s Advisory Committee on GMOs
- National Council of the Consumers Association of Ireland (CAI)
- Fellow of the Faculty of Food Science, University of Ulster, Coleraine, N.Ireland